Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lots to Learn

This week I received my job specific training booklet: sixty pages on the fundamentals of the Venue Communications Centre. We were advised to read the manual and learn the material before our classroom training.

For me, the classroom training will take place in early February just before I start work. VANOC (Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games) has been kind enough to allow us out-of-town volunteers to be trained at the end rather than having to travel to Vancouver for training in December and January.

There are also three online e-learning courses that I need to complete that describe how to use the communications equipment I will be using and how to be a good member of the Venue Management team.

No comments:

Post a Comment