Friday, February 12, 2010

Off to the Opening Ceremonies

I'm off to the Opening Ceremonies. I have my ticket, my smallest bag (to qualify me for the fast line at Mags and Bags--magnetometer and bag search), my white shirt (we were told to wear a white top), my camera, an extra camera battery, my insulin, my Canada flag, my Canada scarf, my umbrella, my trading Olympic pins, and enough enthusiasm and Canadian pride to fill the Stadium.

I'll be sitting to the left of the entrance the athletes will use; in the upper, upper northeast corner of the stadium. Be sure to watch for me on TV.

Having watched so many on television, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would attend an Olympics Opening Ceremony. I hope you all enjoy the show.

2 comments:

  1. I think I just saw you!! You were one of the blue glowing dots right? :-) Hope you are enjoying the engergy - looking forward to the show starting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it must be beyond amazing to be there right now. I have been mesmerized for the last three hours – except for the commercial interruptions. Are they only doing that to the Americans? I can’t wait to hear what it was like to be there at the Opening Ceremony in person. How exciting … and it’s only just begun!!

    ReplyDelete